The officers of the Committee on Data Management and Analytics shall be a chair and vice chair. The chair and vice chair terms of office shall be for a two year period, which terminates at the end of the first Committee on Data Management and Analytics annual meeting after this two year period, or two years from appointment if the Committee on Data Management and Analytics does not meet annually. Committee chairs and vice chairs may be appointed to succeed themselves for additional two-year terms.
Data Management and Analytics
The Committee on Data Management and Analytics chair will ensure that the committee functions properly, that there is full participation during meetings, that all relevant matters are discussed and that effective decisions are made and carried out. The Committee on Data Management and Analytics chair shall be appointed by the Association President and shall be a member of the Board of Directors.
The Committee on Data Management and Analytics vice-chair shall be appointed by the Association President. The vice-chair shall assume the duties of the chair in the event that the chair is unable to carry out such responsibilities. All of the chair’s powers can be delegated to the vice-chair. The vice-chair should have a strong background in data management and analytics within their agency. The vice-chair will also coordinate the subcommittees and taskforces on special topics.
Steering Committee and its members
A Steering Committee will be established that is chaired by the Committee chair. The Steering Committee shall consist of the Chair and Vice-Chair of the Committee, Subcommittee Chairs, and Community of Practice leaders. The Subcommittee Chair and Community of Practice leaders are appointed by the Committee Chair based on their expertise and overall experience in data management and analytics matters. The Steering Committee members will serve so long as they are serving as chair of a subcommittee or as a task force leader. Subcommittee Chairs and Community of Practice Leaders may delegate this role to other Subcommittee or Community of Practice members, who shall serve at the pleasure of the Subcommittee Chair/Community of Practice Leader or until the Chair/Leader’s term ends.
Roles and General Responsibilities:
The role of the steering committee will be:
- Promote the Vision, Mission and Goals of the Association and the Committee
- Manage general Committee business
- Address strategic and emerging issues within the Committee scope
- Promote the involvement of all Member Departments in the Committee and its subgroups
- Oversee and provide direction to any subcommittees
- Oversee the development and implementation of the Committee’s research needs
- Oversee the selection of the Committee’s annual meeting site, and planning and implementation of the Committee’s annual meeting
- Fill vacancies on the steering committee
- Communicate and coordinate with other appropriate AASHTO groups, technical services programs and outside stakeholders
The Steering Committee will have representation from the Subcommittee on:
- Professional Development
- Subcommittee on Policy
- Subcommittee on Research
- Technical Services Subcommittee
- Subcommittee on Outreach and Coordination
- Subcommittee on Communicating Data
- Leaders of established Data Communities of Practice
Steering Committee members may represent one or more subcommittees.